Hi! My name is Sara and I am a G5 in the Physics department who is running for Chair of the Lakeside committee. I have served on the Lakeside Committee for two years as Secretary so far and it has been a fun and fulfilling experience for me!
My main campaign promises as Secretary were to attend to all resident concerns in a timely (<24 hours) manner on the #lakeside GSG slack channel as well as via email (send any and all questions and concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org!). I also promised to facilitate better communication between Lakeside management and students concerning maintenance issues. Over the years I have gained an in-depth knowledge of the issues Lakeside residents face and have charted out a path to improve quality of life at Lakeside for the 2022-2023 academic year.
As Chair I will make the following resources available to Lakeside residents:
- 1) More engaging and diverse Lakeside town hall meetings. As we recover from the COVID quarantine period, I hope to increase resident interest in coming to the town halls so we can come together as a community, make friends and have a more active social scene at Lakeside. Some ideas I have to do this include:
- a) Coordinating in-person town hall meetings to coincide well with graduate student schedules, and to have food (e.g. a 9 am town hall with coffee or a 5 pm town hall with some baked goods appropriate for an afternoon snack)
- b) Putting a new focus on brainstorming at each town hall meeting, which would happen after the typical open forum (e.g. thinking up new social events for the next month, or thinking up new ways to connect the Lakeside community together)
- 2) A detailed and comprehensive “go-to guide” for common issues at Lakeside which can be put on the website and advertised on the #lakeside slack channel. This would include the most common issues residents face, including:
- a) Common maintenance issues (e.g. with smoke detectors, thermostats)
- b) Package delivery
- c) Move-in at Lakeside
My other organizational experience includes being one of the leaders of the Princeton Women in Physics group since my G1 year, being a lab instructor for several intensive undergrad lab classes at Princeton, and maintaining documentation for my lab. These jobs all require me to coordinate and organize large amounts of information.
Thanks for reading! Feel free to email me at email@example.com if you have any feedback or if there’s anything you’d like to see the Lakeside Chair take on in the 2022-2023 year. I’m looking forward to helping you have a relaxing and fun year at Lakeside!