Kush Maheshwari

Hi! I’m Kush, a G3 in Plasma Physics. For some background, I’ve been living in Lakeside for 1 year. In my department, I’ve been collaborating to organize a series of professional development workshops led by department faculty and staff scientists. I also lead a journal club over the summers in my research group that solicits presentations from members of our group and outside researchers weekly. These experiences have helped me develop a detail-oriented approach to organization. I can bring this approach to the Secretary role, which relies on these skills in note-taking and communication.  

Since in the past, the Lakeside Secretary has also worked on new initiatives for the Committee, I would continue the trend. For one, I can support the Greening initiative, which I appreciated a great deal (I got two very trendy and *on-theme* emerald green throw pillows that complement my completely barren and scuffed walls well). Per the Lakeside Constitution, the Secretary has no core responsibilities in developing new initiatives, so I view the Secretary as someone who can pursue pie-in-the-sky objectives. Primarily, I’m interested in improving maintenance servicing. For example, as someone who was pulled into a unit with a common room that hasn’t been completely serviced by maintenance (since the unit has been occupied) in several years (according to my unit’s Lore), I would work with management and Housing to revise this policy to the extent possible and push them create a database of maintenance service items for units that have pulled people in so that the unit’s maintenance doesn’t fall through the cracks. In my unit, I discovered that the dryer duct was completely torn in half with lint blown everywhere (fire hazard) after almost a full year of living there!

Thanks for your consideration,

Kush Maheshwari