Any resident/grad student/grad organization that wants to schedule an event at Lakeside and reserve a space for a specific date and time should follow the steps below:
Step 1: Submit an Event Registration Form. Events registrations should be submitted at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance of your proposed event date.
- If you are hosting an event and do not belong to any recognized student organization, then you should use this link to register your event.
- If you are a recognized student organization, you should register your event from your group page in MyPrincetonU.
Step 2: Use EMS to Reserve Space for your event
- Navigate to the EMS Web App via http://scheduling.princeton.edu.
- Sign in via CAS in the upper right-hand corner by clicking “Welcome, Guest”. Once you sign in using your personal NetId (not your group NetID) your name will appear there instead.
- Click “Create a Reservation” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click “Book Now” in the upper right-hand corner under the “Campus Space Request” option.
- Enter the date, start time, and end time on the left-hand side of the screen. The availability of lakeside spaces will be visible in the system. Note that Lakeside Management would generally not approve two events on the same day to avoid conflicts and ensure proper clean-ups.
- Lakeside Commons B in EMS is “TV lounge – Commons B”
- Lakeside Outside Grill Area in EMS is “Lakeside BBQ Deck”
- Under “Locations” click “Add/Remove”.
- A box will appear that has a “Find location” field. Enter your desired location.
- Click on the green plus sign next to your desired location. A box will pop up asking for a number of attendees. Leave the box as is and select “Add Room”.
- Click the “Next Step” button located on the top right-hand side of your screen. This will bring you to the “Reservation Details” section of the form.
- Enter all the information regarding your event on this form and click on “Create Reservation”
- You will receive a confirmation screen saying “Reservation Created”.
Step 3: Confirmation from lakeside management. Once the approval on the event from Dean Barkley is received, lakeside management staff will approve the space reservation in EMS and send a final confirmation email containing further instructions.
Note: You must submit your event registration form(s) at least two weeks prior to your event if your event involves alcohol or a complicated setup.