Any resident/grad student/grad organization that wants to schedule an event at Lakeside and reserve a space for a specific date and time should follow the steps below:
Step 1: Submit an Event Registration Form. Events registrations should be submitted at least two weeks (10 business days) in advance of your proposed event date.
- If you are hosting an event and do not belong to any recognized student organization, then you should use this link to register your event.
- If you are a recognized student organization, you should register your event from your group page in MyPrincetonU.
Step 2: Use EMS to Reserve Space for your event
- Navigate to the EMS Web App via http://scheduling.princeton.edu.
- Sign in via CAS in the upper right-hand corner by clicking “Welcome, Guest”. Once you sign in using your personal NetId (not your group NetID) your name will appear there instead.
- Click “Create a Reservation” on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click “Book Now” in the upper right-hand corner under the “Campus Space Request” option.
- Enter the date, start time, and end time on the left-hand side of the screen. The availability of lakeside spaces will be visible in the system. Note that Lakeside Management would generally not approve two events on the same day.
- Lakeside Commons B in EMS is “TV lounge – Commons B”
- Lakeside Outside Grill Area in EMS is “Lakeside BBQ Deck”
- Under “Locations” click “Add/Remove”.
- A box will appear that has a “Find location” field. Enter your desired location.
- Click on the green plus sign next to your desired location. A box will pop up asking for a number of attendees. Leave the box as is and select “Add Room”.
- Click the “Next Step” button located on the top right-hand side of your screen. This will bring you to the “Reservation Details” section of the form.
- Enter all the information regarding your event on this form and click on “Create Reservation”
- You will receive a confirmation screen saying “Reservation Created”.
Step 3: Confirmation from lakeside management. Once the approval on the event from Dean Barkley is received, lakeside management staff will approve the space reservation in EMS and send a final confirmation email containing further instructions.
Note: You must submit your event registration form(s) at least two weeks prior to your event if your event involves alcohol or a complicated setup.