Neelima Borade

Hello everyone!

My name is Neelima Borade and I am running to serve as secretary on the Lakeside Committee. I am a fourth-year Ph.D. candidate in Mathematics, studying algebraic number theory with Christopher Skinner. I have lived in Lakeside since I was a G2. I love the Lakeside community and  I would like to give back to it. It would be an honor to serve on the Lakeside committee and I will do my very best to work with the board members and streamline communication between the residents here and the admin if I am selected to serve as secretary. My previous experience in public relations will help me to do a good job if I am selected.

I have worked more than one summer at the Firestone Library Information Desk, where I had to organize communication, answer phone calls, and keep detailed logs of day-to-day transactions with library patrons. I had to communicate back and forth with library patrons and library staff, which taught me firsthand how important it is to listen carefully and take notes when required, so that I can relay all the relevant information to the admin, without losing anything important.  Additionally, in my undergraduate years,  I served as president of my undergraduate math club, where I scheduled talks, kept track of events, and managed communication among various departments within the university and with external speakers. Both these positions have taught me the importance of good note-taking and timely and effective communication.

I think that a secretary can not only practice good documentation but also commit to listening to the voices of everyone in the community, making sure that everyone is heard, and has the information they need to thrive as a member of the Lakeside community. If I am elected I will do my best to fulfill this responsibility, by working with the rest of the committee, listening carefully to everyone’s concerns, comments, and or suggestions during the Town Hall meetings, taking detailed notes, and responding promptly to emails and Slack questions. I am enthusiastic about the possibility of serving as secretary and enhancing the lives of residents by answering their questions, and connecting them with the appropriate resources when required. Thank you for considering my candidacy, 

Best regards,

Neelima